Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rock Climbing

Last week in outdoor pursuits, we began our lesson on rock climbing. All this week and next week we are practicing on our belaying skills, and our knot tying abilities as well. I have never done anything with rock climbing before at all so every aspect of this is totally new to me. We are going to go down to the arc this upcoming Tuesday to actually test our skills on the climbing wall. I have never done anything on a climbing wall at all before either so I am looking forward to trying something different.

2 comments:

  1. I have an outdoor class also and I think the climbing was fun. I never climbed before and I think i will keep doin activities like that in the future. I learned many different techniques and strategies to help me climb and to belay another person climbing. You'ss have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had outdoor pursuit last spring.The rock climbing isd a lot of fun and it showed me some new things that i have never known. It also shows different activities students can do that are not like the typical sports.

    ReplyDelete